For Sound Media, Marketing and Political Decisions
Barbano back on statewide Nevada Newsmakers TV/radio program
Chávez Celebration XI
Join us again on Thursday 28 March 2013 at Circus Circus-Reno
Jueves 28 de Marzo, 2013 en Circus Circus de Reno
Nevada Gov. Sandoval declines invitation for third year in a row
El Gobernador de Nevada, Brian Sandoval, declinó la invitación por el tercer año consecutivo.
Barbano on statewide Nevada Newsmakers TV-radio-web program
Barbwire live TV specials
City-Dayton-Tahoe-Douglas-Storey County Charter cable
May 31, 2011, LIVE 7:00 p.m. --> Mining and the endangered Comstock Historic District
SUNDAY FEB. 21, 2010 LIVE REGIONAL TV+webcast 6:00 p.m. PST / 02:00 ZULU
Rerun at 9:00 p.m. PST / 05:00 ZULU
SUING FOR SCHOOLS: The case for making Nevada finally obey her constitutional mandate to provide for public education
Can we do any worse with a judge running the system?
Exclusive: Sen. Harry Reid blasts Gov. Jim Gibbons.
After a brief 15-year hiatus, the Barbwire returns to telecast with webcast simulcast.
Turn on, tune in and tell a friend.
Barbwire by Barbano / Daily Sparks Tribune / 2-10-2008
Eat dessert first. Life is uncertain. Auld sign on the wall of Reno's Matterhorn Swiss Bakery
HOW TO INCREASE MARKET SHARE
DURING VOLATILE ECONOMIC TIMES
Ability to answer that question separates the top guns from the dilettantes. Successfully addressing it represents the highest form of the art and science of communications.
During uncertain times, you have two choices The first is to play ostrich by burying your head in the sand in the hope that danger will not find you and that predators won't notice your hiding place.
Ostriches never realize until it's too late that their asses are exposed.
The second option lies in taking advantage of the ostrich-like mistakes of your competitors.
If you would like your enterprise to not only survive but prosper during uncertain times, you would do well to consult with an expert offering substantial experience in creative defense as well as aggressive offense.
The elements are now in place for a major economic contraction and perhaps a worldwide depression. (Barbwire by Barbano, Daily Sparks Tribune, 5-29-2005 et seq.)
Nevada is the most urban state in the nation. Washoe-Carson-Douglas in the north and Clark County in the south host well over 90 percent of the Silver State's population. They currently enjoy the boomtimes of rapid growth. The greatest potential error for any for-profit or non-profit organization lies in assuming that any boom will sustain itself. Life doesn't work that way. Planning for the status quo is both naive and toxic.
If today's balance sheet dominates your gaze, you're flying blind.
Make the call to Deciding Factors and let's find out if we're right for each other.
It may prove pivotal to your future success. Who knows, we might find ways to turn your competitors into feather dusters and ostrich leather boots.
Just for kicks.
(The above message was posted in 2005.)
DECIDING FACTORS THE TELEVISION SERIES
How to fight the cable TV monopoly in your town
Reno-Sparks NAACP opposes Charter channel switch
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., ready to join legal action against Charter Cable
- INNOVATIVE AND COST-EFFECTIVE MEDIA BUYING
- TELEVISION from commercial production to feature-length programs
- RADIO from fast-paced spots to faster-paced motorsports networks
Executive Producer and Co-anchor, Long Beach GrandPrix Formula One Int'l Network (English and Spanish)
> The censored radio campaign that won labor rights in anti-union Fallon, Nevada
- RADIO/TV News-Talk and Sports Programming
- PRINT the most killer headlines in the western world
- OUTDOOR King Kong and Bonzo will notice
Newsweek magazine featured Mr. Barbano's outdoor campaign for Ronald Reagan's nationally syndicated radio commentaries. (Click here to read Nevada's Undercover Reagan-Bush P.R. Man.)
- SUPERSTAR & MAJOR LEAGUE SPORTS MARKETING
Major League Baseball, Formula One, FIA Group 6, CanAm, Olympic sports, auto and RV specialty shows
- Paul Newman: Driven Star
New Michael Moore film premieres on SNCAT
Slow progress on saving community radio-TV stations
Barbwire by Barbano / Expanded from the 9-28-2008 Daily Sparks Tribune
- WEBSITES Compelling writing generates high traffic
- Bartenders' and Beverage Dispensers' Union Local 165 (Launch + first two years)
- Bob Lopes for Sparks City Council
- Cable Television Monopoly Games
- Casinos Out of Politics
- Culinary Union Local 226 Las Vegas (Launch)
- Laborers' International Union Local 872 Las Vegas (Launch + first two years)
- Nevada State AFL-CIO (Launch + first year)
- NevadaLabor.com The flagship of the fleet: First, foremost, still fearless and peerless after all these years
- NevadaLabor.com enjoys a better circulation than over half of Nevada's newspapers combined and some major network TV station websites.
- The online meeting hall for Nevada workers since 1995 with no competition yet
- Nevada Writers and Authors
- Protect Our Washoe
- Reno-Sparks NAACP
- Sen. Joe Neal
- E-MAIL & U.S. MAIL
- Special Events
- Annual Nevada César Chávez Celebration
- Big Bonanza Days / Virginia City, Nevada
- NAACP Reno-Sparks Branch Annual Freedom Fund Awards Banquet
- MOTORSPORTS: Formula One, FIA Group 6, CanAm
- Olympic sports, home & garden, retail, auto and RV specialty shows
- 53rd Virginia City International Camel & Ostrich Races
- Nevada Workers Memorial Day every April
- MARKETING, MEDIA AND PUBLIC POLICY RESEARCH
- POLITICAL MANAGEMENT
- GOVERNMENTAL, LEGISLATIVE and PUBLIC INTEREST GROUP CONSULTING
- LAW FIRM MARKETING
Deciding Factors The Smart Decision
and operated by Andrew Barbano
> Award-winning television producer
Honored with a first-place award in the National Safety Council's
2001 nationwide competition for his multi-media campaign
The Flagger Moms of Orange Cone Hell
Award-winning advertising copywriter
Reno Media Press Club
Columnist of the Year
Barbwire by Barbano
>TV commentator: Sam Shad's Nevada Newsmakers and other programs
Phone (775) 786-1455
For all your media needs in Europe, contact
Betty J. Barbano
Site composed & maintained by
Comments and suggestions appreciated.
Contents copyright © 1982-2012 Andrew Barbano