CITIZENS CABLE COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE (CCCC)
UNOFFICIAL DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
February 26, 2004
Reno City Hall
490 South Center Street, Council Chambers
Reno, Nevada 89501
announcement of this meeting is posted at Reno City Hall at 490
South Center Street, City of Reno Community Development Building
at 450 Sinclair Street, the Washoe County Library Downtown branch,
the City of Reno Public Works Department, 4th Floor and Paine-Webber
Building at 350 South Center Street.
ALL ITEMS ARE FOR CCCC ACTION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED WITH AN ASTERISK
We are pleased to make reasonable accommodations for members of
the public who are disabled and wish to attend meetings. If you
should require special arrangements for the meeting, please contact
(775) 334-3112 at least 24 hours prior to meeting date.
1. * Roll Call
2. * Report from Council Liaison Council Member
3. * Public Comment Limited to no more than
(3) minutes. The public may comment by making a request to speak
to the CCCC Recording Secretary.
4. Approval of minutes of Decebmer 16, 2003, CCCC
5. Report from Steven Wright on monitoring systems
by other communities to report outages.
6. Report from Steven Wright regarding cable-specific
reports generated as part of the city's new call center computer
7. Discussion of Reno Direct citizen inquiry intake
FROM CITY STAFF:
Regarding date when city council will be formally notified of
CCCC resolution "requesting that the Reno City Council take all
necessary steps to ensure that qualified cable service provider
representatives attend all CCCC meetings at the request of the
Regarding date when the council will consider the committee's
recommendation that it order Charter Communications into compliance
regarding its required annual notice to cable ratepayers per Reno
City Code Section 5.90.1370. Report from committee Vice-Chair
Floyd Dean on compliance issue.
9. Discussion of draft letter from Reno City Attorney
to Nevada Attorney General asking for an opinion regarding permitted
activities of less-than-quorum numbers of the Citizens Cable Compliance
Committee in light of the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
of agenda items for future meetings of the CCCC.